CHILD VISA FOR AUSTRALIA
A Child visa (subclass 802) lets an eligible parent sponsor their child to live in Australia indefinitely. The parent can apply on behalf of a child younger than 18 years of age.
An eligible parent is:
- an Australian citizen
- the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa
- an eligible New Zealand citizen.
The child must be in Australia when the application is lodged and when the application is decided.
This is a permanent residence visa. It allows the child to:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- apply for Australian citizenship (if they are eligible)
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted – after that time they will need another visa to enter Australia.
Children born in Australia are automatically granted Australian citizenship if at least one parent is either an Australian citizen or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa. They do not need a visa to live in Australia.
Children born outside Australia must either:
- apply for a permanent visa to live in Australia (if neither parent is an Australian citizen), or
- apply for Australian citizenship (if at least one parent is an Australian citizen).
You must apply for an Adoption visa (subclass 102) rather than this visa if:
- you want to adopt a child who is outside Australia
- your child was adopted after you became an Australian citizen or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa, or an eligible New Zealand citizen and that child is outside Australia.
You can only apply for this visa if the child is an adopted child applying in Australia, and they were adopted either before or after the sponsoring parent became an Australian citizen, the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or eligible New Zealand citizen.
A child who is applying for this visa as an adopted child must meet certain requirements.
ELIGIBILITY, ENTITLEMENTS & PROCEDURE
In order to be eligible to apply for Australian offshore child visa subclass 101, you must be single and younger than 18 years of age and have been sponsored by your parent.If you are between 18 and 25 years then you must be studying full time at an educational institution. Disabled children who are 18 years or older and dependent on sponsoring parent can also apply for subclass 101 visa.
Step child of a step-parent who is no longer the partner of the child’s parent but has a legal responsibility to care for the child is also eligible for subclass 101 visa.
You as a subclass 101 visa holder are entitled to:
- Travel to and stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enroll in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted – after that time you will need another visa to enter Australia.
You as the applicant and your sponsoring parent must provide the following completed application forms and supporting documents along with processing fee.
510, 5th Floor, Siddiq Trade Centre, Gulberg, Lahore
Office # 8, 2nd Floor, Malik Complex, Jinnah Avenue, Blue Area, Islamabad
Office # 506, 5th Floor, Horizon Tower, Clifton, Block 3, Karachi